As we enter November — the month that previously three years has seen the beginning of a spike in COVID hospitalizations — the Facilities for Illness Management is recording minimal or low ranges of respiratory sickness in most states however notes a rise in jurisdictions with reasonable or excessive ranges.
Right here’s what to find out about defending your self:
• Vaccinations for COVID-19, flu and respiratory syncytial virus: A information to the present vaccine choices, together with whether or not it’s best to get two (or three) directly. ••• Plus: Is it too late for a flu shot?
• Masking necessities within the Bay Space: Santa Clara County and Marin County are requiring everyone to put on a masks in public areas of hospitals and different health-care services. 4 different counties have necessities for workers solely.
• At-home COVID exams: You may get 4 extra at-home take a look at kits mailed to you free. ••• Plus: Can I take advantage of an expired take a look at?
• Learn how to know if you happen to’re contagious: A health care provider’s recommendation on timelines and beneficial precautions after an infection.
• Full protection: All of our COVID-19 articles | CDC web site on COVID, flu, RSV