A fireplace that began within the attic of a house in Pleasanton displaced a household on Thursday evening, in response to the Livermore-Pleasanton Fireplace Division.
Firefighters responded at 10:20 p.m. to the one-alarm fireplace within the 5200 block of Genovesio Drive, the place they discovered smoke coming from the attic of a two-story house, Battalion Chief Kurtis Dickey stated.
Crews entered the house and located that flames had unfold from the attic into the grasp rest room and closet on the second ground. After figuring out nobody was nonetheless inside the house, firefighters rapidly extinguished the fireplace, Dickey stated.
The displaced residents, a household of 4 together with two kids, aren’t anticipated to maneuver again into the residence quickly.
The reason for the fireplace is beneath investigation however it’s not thought of suspicious in nature.