RICHMOND — Residents within the neighborhood of a fireplace that broke out Saturday afternoon are being suggested to remain inside due to notably noxious smoke emanating as a consequence of hazardous supplies that burned, authorities stated.
The Richmond Fireplace Division despatched out an advisory round 3:35 p.m. relating to a fireplace within the 1200 block of Pennsylvania Avenue. Data and on-line maps present that the hearth website is an industrial constructing that homes welding companies and a house items wholesaler.
“This construction was deemed to have hazardous supplies inside and residents ought to (keep away from) the realm and smoke from this hearth,” the advisory reads.
The division urged folks dwelling inside a 6-block radius of the hearth website to remain indoors and in any other case keep away from the smoke.
Further particulars in regards to the fireplace, together with whether or not anybody was injured or the extent of injury, weren’t instantly launched Saturday.